Notice of the Innis Arden Club, Inc. Annual Meeting
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
At the Innis Arden Clubhouse
4:30 p.m. sign-in for proxy holders
6:00 p.m. coffee hour and sign-in for Homeowners
7:00 p.m. meeting (after quorum has been established)
During the Annual Meeting, elections will be held to:
1) Elect two Directors to the Board for 3 year terms The terms of Kathi Peterson and Jim McCulloch have expired.
2) Ratify the election of the Activities Committee Chairperson (Maggie Taber) to the Board for a one-year term.
3) Approve the 2018 budget which is enclosed. The YTD expenses for 2017 will be available on the website in early January, and as a handout at the Annual Meeting. Go to www.innisarden.org, hover over the “Board of Directors” tab and select “Treasurer” from the drop down menu. Please email email@example.com for the password.
4) Approve annual dues which have been reduced to $735.00.
There are several ways that you can vote:
1) IN PERSON: During the Annual Meeting, submit ballot after signing in and nominations are taken from the floor. A ballot will be provided at the meeting.
2) BY PROXY: You may choose to have another person vote on your behalf. Use the proxy ballot here. Indicate your Innis Arden subdivision, block, lot (as reflected on your address label), proxy holder, and sign the ballot. Optionally, you may vote on ballot issues. Give your completed proxy to your proxy holder to bring to the annual meeting.
Or, you may designate the Innis Arden Board of Directors to vote on your behalf. Again, you may vote on ballot issues. Mail your completed proxy to:
Innis Arden Club, Inc.
P.O. Box 60038
Richmond Beach, WA 98160
3) EMAIL: Homeowners for whom we have email addresses will be emailed a ballot (and instructions) after the first of the year. If you aren’t already on the distribution list but wish to be, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please cast your eballot no later than January 17th at 6:30 pm.
Note: If you cannot attend the meeting, please vote by proxy or email to help establish a quorum.
(We cannot start the meeting until a quorum of 270 is established. Previously, the meeting has been delayed or rescheduled as volunteers called neighbors and scrambled for their proxy vote to establish a quorum)
Meeting Day–Sign-in and Pre-Meeting Dessert:
All are invited to coffee and dessert sponsored by the Activities Committee, starting at 6 PM in the Clubhouse.
1) If you are voting IN PERSON, sign-in will be between 6-7 PM. Also, please have handy your Innis Arden subdivision, block and lot number (see the upper left corner of your address label) as this helps the tellers sign you in.
2) If you are a PROXY holder, sign-in will be between 4:30-6 PM as a large number of proxy votes are anticipated and need to be processed in a timely manner. Between 6-7 PM, people voting in person will have priority over proxy holders.
3) Ballots will not be cast until after the meeting begins and a quorum (270 voters in person or by proxy) has been established.
- Take nominations from the floor
- Candidates’ presentations followed by a question and answer period
- Discussion of other ballot issues
- Voting and the collection of ballots
- Board Member Reports: President, Vice President, Activities, Building and Remodels, Grounds, Clubhouse, Reserves, Treasurer
- Community Comments
- Announce Election Results
“My wife, Rissa Sanchez, and I have lived in Innis Arden since 2003. We love the quality of life that is supported by our covenants that protect our views, prevents over-building and preserves common properties such as the clubhouse and the reserves. I have enjoyed volunteering my time with the Innis Arden Activities Committee over the years in various roles including: the Neighborhood Night Out event, sorting items for the annual Rummage Sale, chairing the Salmon BBQ for two years and serving as the Board Representative for the Activities Committee for six one-year terms between 2008 and 2015. If you vote for me for a Board role, I will continue the good work that Kathi Peterson has done with the Innis Arden Clubhouse so that it serves as the center for community celebrations.”
“I’ve enjoyed being a Board member this last year, and would like to continue for a full term. My main goals will be to complete items I started this last year, including the upgrades to the grounds’ irrigation system and the play structures. I will continue to support the current Covenants, the homeowners in our community, and strive to improve communications and transparency between the Board and homeowners. Thanks for your consideration “