The Grounds position is responsible for:
- the tennis courts
- the playground
- the green space around the club
- the front entrance at Richmond Beach Road and 8th Ave NW
- the back entrance
- the triangles at Springdale/Ridgefield and Springdale/
Clubhouse Grounds (Reserve K)
We most frequently interact with the Clubhouse, the Reserves and Greg Paquette, our landscaper.
Our 2015 accomplishments
- Resurfaced the tennis courts
- Completed Phase Two of the front entrance adding plants, flowers, pathways, and sprinkler systems.
- Put the finishing touches on our existing sprinkler system near the Clubhouse to fix leaks and increase the spray distance to cover the planting strip on Ridgefield.
- Filled the growing dip in the middle of the playfield.
- Added new trash cans to accommodate more dog owners.
- Added new poop bag dispensers.
- Repaired to the border around the playground.
Our future plans
- Add a bench outside the pool
- Add a bulletin board between the pool and the path for pool and community information.
- Phase Three of the entrance which includes new plants on the right side as you enter the community at 8th Ave NW.
Things we are thinking about
- We may need to expand our sprinkler system if these hot, dry days become typical. The cost to replace grass is very expensive.
- Rehabilitating or replacing the retaining wall in the northwest corner of the fields. It’s not clear how long the 2011 short-term repair will last.
- Replacing the base course of the tennis courts in 2023.
Why would you contact us?
- You want to book the grounds for a special event, a family picnic or party. Check out this calendar. [link to google calendar]
- You see a problem with the grounds [leaks, playground equipment failure, too many poop bags, a dangerous tree on the east end of the grounds].