The Activities Committee Chair is chosen by the Activities Committee and ratified as a member of the Innis Arden Community Club Board at the annual Board election in January. This person serves as a regular Board member in all respects, but the term of ratification is one year. The following are the special responsibilities of the Activities Chair as a member of the Innis Arden Board:
- Report to the Board and community about activities, planning, financing, impact, benefits problems etc.
- Report to the Board and community regarding projects which the Activity Committee is undertaking independently.
- Serve as liaison between the Innis Arden Board and Activities Committee with respect to community improvement projects which are planned and or financed jointly
The Activities Committee is a group of community volunteers who finance, organize and execute a variety of activities and projects open to the entire community. The social activities have traditionally included, but are not limited to the following:
- Salmon Barbecue
- Craft Bazaar
- Holiday Party
- Spring Egg Hunt
- Ladies’ and junior tennis programs
Proceeds from the activities committee fundraiser, the rummage sale, help to finance many of the social as well as community projects. Current projects underway are upgrading the playground with new equipment, sprucing up the landscaped area in front of the clubhouse and updating the Blockwatch Program. The chair is responsible for the over-all operation of the committee activities.
Activities Meetings are held on the 1st Monday of every month at 7:00 PM. Check the Bulletin for location. Here are the bylaws.
Activities events include:
- New residents’ wine and cheese party usually held in January.
- Rummage sale in March: The proceeds from the Rummage sale fund Activities events and neighborhood projects.
- Wine taste in March or April: Red & white wines are served along with appetizers & desserts, for adults only.
- Egg Hunt in April: For ages 10 and under, at the playground.
- “Ladies’ night out”: For adults only, complimentary drinks and snacks are served.
- Salmon Barbeque in September: This is a community event to reconnect with old friends and meet new ones.
- Oktoberfest in October: Adults only are treated to northwest microbrew and good German food.
- Holiday party in December: A community celebration that includes a visit from Santa.
- Workshops have been conducted as well, but not on a regular basis. Subject matter has included cooking, flower arranging and selecting wall color.