The Activities Committee is a group of community volunteers who organize and host a variety of social activities throughout the year. The Committee meets on the first Monday of every month (except August) to plan and collaborate on upcoming events and fundraising options.
Volunteering can be fun! It is a great way to meet your neighbors and become part of the community. There are many opportunities throughout the year to help. Event Chairs solicit volunteers thru email and the bulletin, and signup is usually thru Signup Genius (watch for links in the bulletin or check the Volunteer Opportunities page). You can help prepare for an event, such as shopping or cutting fruit before the Salmon BBQ, during an event, such as in the kitchen at the holiday party, or after an event, to break down the room or wash linens. There are also many opportunities to help for the Rummage Sale – such as collecting donations or event setup. The Committee is always looking for new ideas, event Chairs and even board members. Watch the bulletin and find the opportunity that is right for you.
The Committee members meet in a casual atmosphere every month to discuss Activities’ business. Attendees discuss past events, plan new ones, and always make time for socializing. Everyone is welcome. Meetings are the first Monday of every month at 7:00PM, except August. Watch the bulletin for location details. Come, learn, listen and share your ideas. Attending is a great way to find out what’s happening and find the right volunteer opportunity for your family.
Funding is generated thru the annual Rummage Sale, traditionally held every spring. Throughout the year, rummage is collected from you, the community, then sold during one crazy weekend in the spring. The Rummage Sale requires 100s of volunteer hours, lots of donations from generous neighbors, and attendance from people throughout the region. The proceeds are used to co-fund neighborhood events, improve activity-related areas, and donate to a local charity.
Many events are held every year, but the schedule changes based member interest, volunteer availability and past community attendance.
- Wine Tasting – Join other wine enthusiasts and local wine stewards at the clubhouse for appetizers and over 40 wines from around the world. Usually held in Spring.
- Men’s Night Out – The guys get together for an evening of fun and adventure, as only the Innis Arden guys can do it. Held on alternate years with Ladies’ Night.
- Ladies’ Night Out – The gals get together for an evening of fun and adventure. Topic and venue varies. Alternates with Men’s Night.
- Egg-Scramble – Join the Easter Bunny and the youth of Innis Arden for a frenzy of activity every spring.
- Tennis Program – The Tennis Program runs from late June to early August. Lessons are held on the Innis Arden courts throughout the day by age group and skill. Non-residents are welcome to participate. Registration details are sent out in May. Learn more about the Innis Arden Tennis Club at: https://www.innisardentennis.com.
- Salmon Barbeque – For over 50 years this annual event has been a neighborhood favorite. Seasonal salmon is the main event! Usually held in July.
- 4-Corners Brewfest – The 4-Corners Brewfest is sponsored by Richmond Beach, Richmond Highlands, Hillwood and Innis Arden. This event, held on the Innis Arden field, is open to the public. Learn more at www.4-corners.org.
- Oktoberfest – Celebration of all things Oktoberfest – think brats, beers, and clogs.
- Movie Night – Using the Club House or field, enjoy a free movie with neighbors.
- Holiday Party – Think holiday movies, hot chocolate, an array of finger food, holiday cheer and a visit from Santa. Something for everyone.